"From the farm to the table...a sustainable food system"
Every year in late spring, ESA offers a unique four-week program to international undergraduate and graduate students.
Approximately 40 students are coming from our international network of University partners to discover facets of the French agriculture during one month, focusing on the traditional and local food "systems". From production to consumers, the program will allow students to understand the "terroir" production through several angles such as History, Sociology, Anthropology, Political, Economy, Food Science, Crop Science, Agroecology and Animal science. The purpose of the program is to show to students links between agriculture, food industry and food culture with a sustainable development perspective. The program will also indroduce them to the "French way of life" and to France's role in the European Union.
The 4 week program combines:
- courses and presentations
- laboratory activities
- group projects and study cases
- visits to farms, food and wine companies
- educational fiels trips and cultural visits in a wide variety of places (Paris, the Loire Valley, Brittany, Normandy).
The program is entirely conducted in English by 25 faculties from our different departments:
- Agronomy and ecology
- applied economics and social sciences
- food and bio resources science and techniques
- viticulture and œnology
- culture and language and communication.
Students must proceed from a College of Agriculture or study any majors that would justify his participation to the ESA’S Summer Program. Academic level: minimum freshmen.
Lodging and Meals:
Students will have the opportunity to experience the French way of life, sharing the daily life of a host family during 4 weeks.
Program's date for 2020:From 28 May 2020 to 25 June 2020
Summer Program dates in France:
- Welcoming day in Paris: May 28, 2020
- Visiting Paris all together: May 29, 30 and 31, 2020
- End of the program in Angers: June 25, 2020
- Last day in your host family: June 29, 2020