MSc Food Identity: 2-year programme of Higher education in both Food Science and agribusiness for local and traditional food products, full time, TAUGHT in English and in French
Become an expert in the development of local and traditional food products
The joint MSc programme Food Identity with a partnership of 5 higher education and research institutions in 4 EU countries (France, Italy Romania and Greece) + 11 associated partners (SMEs, food companies cluster, NGO and other non-EU univ.) is dedicated to the development of local and traditional food products (50% Food Sc., 50% Agri-food business, 100% local and traditional food & products of origin with a European vision and a global context).
Our MSc 2-years programme started in 2009 has graduated more than 163 students since 2011 from 56 different nationalities so far. Our MSc programme Food Identity is accredited by the ministry of Education and permit to continue in a PhD position. MSc Food Identity is also labelled Erasmus Mundus 2019-2025. To Apply to the EM scholarship (on top of applying to the MSc Food ID), you just need to select this option in the application procedure in the OnLine Application platform called "OLAGE".
We accept candidates with BSc level in the field of Life and Food Science as well as Human science (businesss, management or sociology). We accept candidates without French skill but with a good level in English. MSc programme is taught mainly in English but learning French language during master 1 (to reach B2) is mandatory for some professional activities that take place during semester 3. Last semester is for MSc thesis during a 6-month length internship in company or in lab.
The course is coordinated by the Ecole Supérieure d'Agricultures (ESA) in Angers (France) with an international consortium and was granted "Erasmus Mundus" from 2011 to 2017 and is granted again "Erasmus Mundus" 2019-2025.
For the intake of 2022, first year 2022-2023:
⇒ 1rst Semester at ESA ANGERS - FRANCE ....................................................>> from September to December 2022
⇒ 2 months at UCSC Piacenza - ITALY ...........................................................>> from January 2023 to beginning of March 2023
⇒ 4 months at USAMV Cluj-Napoca - ROMANIA ..............................................>> from March 2023 to mid-June 2023
⇒ 2 weeks at Centre for Research & Technology Thermi Thassaloniki - GREECE >> from June 19, 2023 to June 30, 2023.
Second year 2023-2024:
⇒ 1st Semester at VetAgro Sup Lempdes - FRANCE ........................................>> from October 2023 to December 2023
⇒ 2nd Semester: Internship ..........................................................................>> from January 2024 to August 2024
Mid-September 2024 : Thesis defence, Diploma Jury and Closing Ceremony.
ESA is delivering a total of 120 ECTS allowing students to graduate a "DNM" (Diplôme National de Master, since 2009) with Angers public university (France) and VetAgroSup Clermont, this grade is recognised by the French Ministry of Instruction and Research (Ministère de l'Education et de la Recherche -décret 20170963 ; mention : Sciences et technologie de l’agriculture, de l’alimentation et de l’environnement). See accreditation here. More information on this programme on the website http://masterfoodidentity.com/
The international Relations Office of ESA will help students with visa applications, accomodation, administrative matters upon arrival in France.
- To attend this course, students must have successfully completed a diploma of higher education in science. It can be, for example a “Bachelor of Science” (3 years of scientific training or economic or sociology science), a MSc degree, or equivalent diploma for other countries.
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- ENGLISH: A good level of English is compulsory (CEFL B2 or equivalent) certified by any official test or diploma (for example : TOEIC: 550 points or equivalent - IELTS/TOEFL/Cambridge). For candidates who have done their degree in English, only a certificate drawn by the University prooving that the medium of instruction was english is enough.
- FRENCH: A level of French is not required for the recruitment. However, reaching B1+ in French with French lessons during semester 1 & 2 for some teaching activities on semester 3 is mandatory. French language lessons for non-French speakers is mandatory during the programme.
Students can attend an intensive French language course before the beginning of the Master course:
- students must attend a French course (FLE: French as a Foreign Language) in the first 15 days of September with the other foreign students in the group, included in the Master fees
- students can also decide to come earlier in July and/or August to follow a 1 or 2 month-intensive training in French (contact us for details on possibilities), not included in the Master fees
- Other languages, in particular those spoken in partner universities, are a good asset for the recruitment.
Candidates will also be asked to prove their interest for the food sector.
STEP 1: examination of fully completed application forms
STEP 2: oral interviews on-line (30-45 minutes) with the academic committee for pre-selection candidates
STEP 3: academic committee makes public the admitted students
STEP 4: admission letters are sent to admitted students
Tuition fees 2022-2023, per year :
8 800 €
CVEC "General contribution to Student life & Campus"
Cost for participation to ESA Campus life
"Work accident insurance"
CONTENT of the Master FOOD IDENTITY programme available on its dedicated website: http://www.masterfoodidentity.com/
Course guide available here
See the Prezi here
and the Brochure cohort 7 (2015-2017): here
Short presentation videos with alumni interviews:
Diploma ceremony September 2018 in video
Diploma ceremony September 2017 in video
The public Facebook of the Master of Science Food IDentity
The link toward the public page on FB managed by the alumni Food ID
The students of MSc Food Identity have mainly contributed to the last FAO report on economic impact of GI on sustainable food systems
full pdf : http://www.fao.org/3/I8737EN/i8737en.pdf
and the booklets of graduated students (we edit these booklets every year)
2018 Success stories